Seal of Biliteracy
What is it?
- Award given to recognize students who have studied and are proficient in two or more languages by high school graduation
Why it is important?
- Dual language proficiency is attractive to future employers and college admissions offices
How to get it?
- Successfully complete all Language Arts requirements for graduation with an overall weighted GPA of 2.0 or above
- Earn a score of 3 or 4 on the 11th grade CA state standardized test
- Demonstrate proficiency by ONE of the following:
- Pass AP World Language Exam with a score of 3 or higher
- Successfully complete 4th year of World Language with an overall weighted GPA of 3.0 or above