Dear Aztec Seniors and Parents,
As I write this final email to you, I am filled with gratitude for the kindness and grace you have shown as we have all navigated this challenging situation together. One thing we all have in common is our desire to honor our graduates and celebrate their accomplishments, particularly during this difficult time. Graduation is by far my most favorite day and event each year. I love looking out at all the faces of our students who are excited and ready to move on to the next phase of their life. And, I’m fueled by the energy of their proud loved ones in the stands. I wish more than anything the Class of 2020 could have the same experience as those classes before them and I am deeply sorry we were unable to make this happen. As I said in my graduation speech, I hope these feelings of loss will soon be replaced by the memories that preceded them and the joy that is to come. The entire staff is looking forward to celebrating our graduates in person on Thursday. I wanted to send you a few last minute reminders in preparation for Thursday.
IMPORTANT: Your student received a colored piece of card stock with both their name and graduation time assignment on it. It was either packaged in with their cap and gown or in a manila envelope if they are borrowing a cap and gown. This serves as their dashboard pass for graduation. Your student will also hand it to the counselor in order for them to announce their name. It is essential this is placed on your dashboard when coming to graduation.
- Please come sometime during your assigned one hour window. Students will not be allowed in before or after their window in order to allow each student their time to shine.
- One vehicle per family with the colored pass displayed on the dashboard of the car. Limos, buses, etc. are not permitted. Anaheim PD is assisting with the graduation and traffic control, so all traffic laws must be followed to avoid citations.
- Please enter through the south side of the student parking lot. You will be directed from there.
- Students must wear a mask when they exit the car. A custom Class of 2020 mask will be provided for them.
- Everyone but the graduate must remain in the vehicle per the Orange County Health Agency guidelines.
- We will have a designated place at the end of the procession where families can quickly exit the car for a group picture. If you would like to participate in this optional stop, you will exit the parking lot in front of school, make a right on Kellogg, and then an immediate right into the staff parking lot. A backdrop will be set up for you.
- The Virtual Senior Celebration will be available to watch beginning at 6 pm on Thursday evening. You will find the link on our school website.
- We also plan to live stream the Drive-Thru graduation for those family members and friends that are unable to attend on Thursday. The link will be available on the “News and Announcements”’ section of our website when the graduation begins.
- If you missed our Senior Awards Ceremony, the link is still available on our school website. It is definitely worth the watch!
Please scroll down to see a map of the graduation route. Finally, Mrs. Lukach recorded a video detailing the graduation process. Please click here to watch.